Pirates of Penzance
IMPORTANT: PLEASE NOTE
This costume plot is a “suggested” design interpretation of your production and may differ greatly from the Costume World stock. To guarantee a costume selection that is in closest possible accordance with your specifications, our Designer/Costumer will advise you of the costume options currently available.
Pirates of Penzance Plot
Period 1820 - Cornwall, England
- 1. Pirate King. Square cut coat, short full trunks, wide belt, striped shirt, hat with skull and crossbones.
- His lieutenant. Similar to Richard, little simpler in style
Frederick: (Pirate Apprentice)
- Full short trunks, sash, wide belt, short Pirate coat or stockings and shoes.
- Sailor Uniform
Major General Stanley:
- Major General coat with gold trimmings, dark trousers, belt, sash and hat with plumes.
- Dressing gown
- Old fashioned full dress suit
- Sergeant of Police (English Bobby). Dark blue helmet, uniform trousers
Mabel: (General Stanley’s youngest daughter)
- Act I - Handsome period dress, light colored, hat and parasol
- Act II - Handsome dressing gown or negligee trimmed with ribbons.
Kate, Edith, Isabel: (General Stanley’s other daughters)
- Same as Mabel
- Nanny dress apron and mob cap
- Red doublet with breeches and hat
- Act I - Set of assorted period dresses, hats and parasols (parasols not provided)
- Act II - Nightgowns
- Act I - Pirates, assorted rough looking costumes
- Act II - English Bobbies, regulation uniforms and helmets